View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jeni26

My sponsor isn't in a good place

I'm a bit stuck. Doing well in sobriety, despite a few very difficult weeks at work and am currently battling some ill-health which has laid me a little low. No thoughts of drinking, but I know I really need to work extra hard at my recovery at the moment. I'm wary of complacency and of drifting away from the path.

The trouble is my sponsor is withdrawing, not just from me but from everything. She is struggling a lot with resentments, and does not appear to be coping too well.

I'm on step 8, and seem to have been here for the longest time. I asked when we could meet up so she could give me some guidance, but she said she needed some time and wasn't ready to resume our meetings at present.

I've already started to make the straightforward amends, but there are some more complex ones. One in particular to my sister which I'm definitely going to need advice over. I really want to push on with this. But it is a sensitive issue and not one I can just talk to another AA person about without going over the past with them and I'm not able to do that easily.

Should I do what I can and move onto the other steps on my own?