View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

How is This for a Dream?

I was driving by myself in a van we used to own. (Some years ago I had a blackout drunk and literally woke up on the interstate driving this van - worst ever drunk driving episode for me.) Driving along, I noticed the brakes are starting to be less effective. The brakes keep getting weaker and weaker and I can sense they will eventually fail. I am looking for a place to get off the highway, but there isn't any.

Now I am going down a hill. At the bottom of the hill is water - a bay. The road is not complete, so if I don't stop I am going into the water. The brakes are not slowing me down enough. I pump and pump and pump, but I barely slow down. I will be going into the water if i don't try something else.

Near the bottom I manage a fish-tailing 180 degree turn. Now I am facing up the hill and into oncoming traffic. I am sliding backwards, but I am hitting the gas and starting to inch back up the hill. I need to get over into the other lane, where everyone is moving in the same direction, but there is too much traffic.

Suddenly I hear my wife's voice from the back seat. I didn't know she was there. She says my name, but in a fearful, questioning tone. A tone to let me know she is questioning my decision to have turned around and fight the traffic back up this hill.

That's when I woke up.

Sometimes I wonder what my dreams meant. This could not have been more clear.