Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Since this is an AVRT thread and I hear so much institutionalized Addictive Voice in Robby Robot's post, I thought I'd insert phrases that will get rid of that AV, as I understand AVRT. My basic process is to take an idea that supports the future use of alcohol or drugs and make it not do so.

I did not eliminate any of Robby Robot's text, just added to it, so you can read his complete message here again by just going down the quoted boxes.

Well, here goes -

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Hi Vic,

I'm glad you started this thread.
No worries, you'll soon be quitting again, and it can be the last time you need to quit. Absolutely it can.

Sometimes the harder we work and try for something,
when somewhat inebriated
the more difficult and challenging the task mysteriously becomes...
Read the rest of this on a day when you don't have any alcohol in your blood.
It's easy to say, but, relax and
don't
give up trying to do AVRT perfectly.
It's not hard to do.

If you haven't made a Big Plan yet,
Its not about getting AVRT done right that is important, its really more about using AVRT to get right with yourself about not drinking. You're far more important then any AVRT techniques. AVRT is simply a tool to help YOU be the YOU only YOU can be when not drinking -- AVRT helps you to not drink, and really doesn't do much more then advertised.

Sometime people come to think AVRT makes it impossible to drink, and
with the Big Plan, that impossiblity is true. If you think
that's just not true about AVRT
then that thought is your Addictive Voice, because a Big Plan makes it impossible for the one who made it to drink again. That's simple logic. So, I will repeat,
AVRT makes it possible to stay away from drinking, without fail, unless one
hasn't made a Big Plan and
decides otherwise. Our decisions makes or breaks the strength of our
one-day-at-a-time sobriety, which is the opposite of the solitary (BP) decision that's part of
AVRT.

"But I simply seem not to be able to just separate fully."

This kind of misunderstanding in itself can create enough doubt to seriously have you at the mercy of your Beast and AV.

Separation does not require a valuation of "fully" or "this much is enough" or whatever -- with AVRT any separation is enough and sufficient to successfully keep away from drinking
if you have a Big Plan.

Its really that simplistic. AVRT is not difficult to enjoy instant satisfactions with going forward.

When we believe we don't have sufficient separation, we
don't
do ourselves great harm, and AVRT is
far from being
pretty well useless after that to aid us in not drinking,
because it is so easy to do. Think about the Big Plan and you can't help but get sufficient separation - IF you believe drinking any more is wrong for you. If you don't believe drinking any more is wrong for you, then it clearly wouldn't make sense to make a Big Plan.
I am suggesting you revisit the idea that AVRT is a way and means to separate YOU from your Beast/AV, and that AVRT is totally capable of accomplishing that separation without struggle or difficulty.

I also suggest,
your AV wants you to believe
the struggles you are having with drinking is not you, but those of your Beast; and the struggles you're having with not drinking are the struggles you're having with yourself.
Actually it is the opposite. The struggles you are having when you drink is you trying to stay out of trouble. If you don't get in trouble, well, then you've succeeded for that drinking episode, whether it's surfing the net safely from home, or whatever; and the struggle you're having with not drinking are the struggles of the Beast - 100% - that is the definition of IT!!

Take a good hard look at what I just suggested. Listen for the AV. Recognise it. Let it go. Move on. Listen for more AV. Recognise it. Move on.

Feeling like drinking? That is the Beast you're feeling, not YOU'RE feelings.

Feeling sure of not drinking? That is not the Beast, that's all YOU

Please try to take it easy, Vic. I have every good hope for YOU.
And don't expect any of this to make sense if you've got alcohol in your blood.

I believe it is important to identify the institutionalized Addictive Voice as much as one's individual Addictive Voice.