Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bemyself

Thank you a very great deal to all who responded later. I particularly was struck (positively!) by Robby's very considered explanation. this morning, I also revisited some parts of the excellent 4 Part AVRT 'seminar' as I like to call it led by Terminally Unique back in late 2011.

Right now (almost 24 hours to the dot, i.e. midday since my first post), the remaining wine is long ago down the drain; I've been repeating my BP to myself and listening for AV responses. As with the past few 'day 1's, for me it's at It's most apparently 'persuasive' as a direct, felt solution to physiology of withdrawal...e.g. actual symptoms such as heart palpitations and so on . So for those, apart from the mental separating, I am judiciously taking one 5mg tab of Valium (left over from this time last year, prescribed to take home with me 'as required' by the psychiatrist there).

I must confess that the physical withdrawal side of things is - in my opinion - a little too cavalierly dismissed by Trimpey in the book, along the lines of 'just like a mild case of the flu'. I remember reading years ago in Allen Carr's book on quitting smoking (not read his equivalent on drinking cessation) that Carr used almost exactly the same words, and sort of 'pfff-ed' withdrawals off in like manner. Just my thoughts anyway.

thanks again everybody, and I'll keep on keeping on sober. I thought earlier this a.m. that I'd likely reflexively post something like: 'I hope / maybe I'll get through today and tomorrow sober....'. And there it was: ALL DOUBT IS AV!!!