Thread: So Sad Lately
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Florence

Have you looked at the side effects of the drug you are taking to stop smoking? One of the side effects of a common prescription is depression.
Yes, and I stopped taking it immediately after the changes in my mood started happening. Unfortunately I haven't snapped back. The good news is that I'm still not smoking and (mostly) don't miss it.

This new doctor called back last night and told me she might be able to slide me in for a sooner appointment. Fingers crossed.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. I am trying to exercise and take care of myself, but unfortunately it all feels so overwhelming. The bright side is that I identified this as a depressive episode and acted on it, instead of wallowing in the depression, convinced I'm beyond all hope.

A therapist told me that when our brains go to that depressive place, our conscience tries to find reasons we feel so bad. When it does, it tends to "choose" from a couple of "files" for that explanation. In my case it's the nobody loves me, nothing I do is good enough, I'm a loser files. So I guess I know well enough at this point in my life that this is the jerkbrain at work and not something to dive into and swim around in.

I want a better life, I have to manage this.