View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
MyTimeNow

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Well, there is a lot of discussion on this whole separation / nondual thing about AVRT. I agree that at first, I treated my AV like an ex GF who lied and cheated and made a fool of me, exactly as alcohol did. Total separation. Scorched earth. I don't see you, I don't hear you, I will never ever give you a glance or so much as the time of day again. You call me or try to contact me, I will just smile to myself and hang up.

I am coming to a more integrated holistic understanding now, that my AV is something I just accept now. I think I might have worded my post better, so let me try again.

To learn how to live without alcohol, we must learn to treat ourselves with kindness and care, and teach ourselves to do what is right for us, not what our AV demands.
Thank you, yes I understand more clearly now I've read both through a couple of times.

I'm starting to see more clearly how drinking is another form of self harm. Many years ago I did used to self harm very badly in the classic sense - cutting etc, I stopped that. Do you know what? Probably with something very similar to this, just deciding and choosing not to do it anymore. That probably reached a rock bottom of sorts, but there was a time where I had to consciously choose not to do it even though I wanted to. Now it doesn't cross my mind to do it, it's just something I don't do. BUT have carried on self harming in another form - drinking.

Hmmm. More thinking making me think lol