View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by jkb
I want to have some accountability so I figured on here it would be alot easier to be "called out" on my thinking.
I'm not going to call you out...but I am going to share something from RR.

What RR says about HALT:
In traditional programs one is said to be at a high risk of drinking alcohol if any of the "HALT conditions" exist. HALT is the acronym for "hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. If this is so, that you are more vulnerable to drinking or using when hungry, angry, lonely, or tired, then we might conclude that life is a constant struggle to remain sober. In AVRT, however, there are no warning signs of relaspe, but only recognizable Beast actvity. Instead of undermining your self-confidence by putting you in a defensive posture, AVRT assures you that even if you were stranded on a desert island, angry as hell that you are there, hungry for anything but coconuts, and tired of endless boredom, you would be entirely capable of instantly recognizing and neutralizing your Addictive Voice if a case of cold beer washed ashore.
I understand that you are saying that you will expect increased beast activity if these conditions exist, but remember these conditions cannot lead you to drink.

Congrats on quitting!!