View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

Do you have any recommendations meditation wise. I've never meditated or really taken time out to think about my thinking. I wouldn't really know where to start.
To meditate I just sit quitely or go about my business of the day. for me it's a state of mind, quite and contemplative . I do find it hard to tell when i've looked at people going to meditation groups do they know the difference between meditation and people just sitting round in a room being quiet ?

I used to have huge conversations with myself arguments examining ideas, i had the equivalent of other peoples attitudes in my head like a judging pannel, frightening lot of warped charecters they were.... before i learned to ignore them or replace them with people i felt would love and cherish me , some of it i solved, some of it i've learned to let go of .

When i examine a thought and say is this useful to me ? more often than not it was'nt so i just let it go... like a no entry sign on a road you just don't go there ...

I've shifted my focus onto learning how my body feels , staying sober makes you feel nice, over eating good things makes you feel yucky ..

My head is pritty much empty now, no chatter, no worries, no big highs, no big lows .

When i realized i need never drink again if i did'nt want to it was a big part in me moving towards the life i'd like to live .

Bestwishes, M