Thread: The Kids
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

I wouldn't recommend marrying him if he doesn,t have at least one year of sobriety and also the situation with his kids is none of your business.

Have you looked into Alanon for yourself?

Originally Posted by Charlie0414 View Post
So today my alcoholic bf and I went up to visit his kids. He is down to one beer a day. He's cutting down so at the end of the month he plans to be at no beers. His 8 year old son today says I remember when you owned your shop, you drank a lot then. I'm glad your not anymore.... Then his son said my Dad (then step dads name, which I would rather not say)... Well that's his kids step dad. That really offended my bf. The step dad who is an alcoholic and beats the kids mother puts my bf down infront of the kids. Makes them call him dad. He has 8 kids of his own why does he need to make my bfs his too? But I know familys like that, the kids at one house say dad then there step mom, mom and call the real mom by first name. Then in the moms house its the opposite. That's my friends.

Well when my bf and I get married I think we should tell his kids in front of there mother, my mom (my name), just to see how she likes it. Yeah not very nice. I am going to convince my bf that when we have a house we should file for full custody because I don't think that is right. I am not the kids mother so I don't believe they should call me mom but if they want to let them. But for the kids to call the step-dad DAD is not right to me. Especially in front of there real DAD. I think he needs to talk to his ex about it. But I don't know how to bring things up like that. I think, KEY WORD THINK, he may have had more then one drink after I left because he was pretty upset. He has all right to be upset does he not?