View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Audrey1

Originally Posted by hopes View Post
by the way, should i tell my husband that i am part of this website now or just leave it to myself?
There was a helpful thread about this very thing recently which helped me make the decision not to tell my partner about this forum -
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...und-forum.html

Like I imagine you feel, I thought that by telling him he would have a similar sense of support from the alcoholics section, and hopefully gain insight into my situation by reading the threads of others in this section.

But, I realise now that this is the only support I have so I am going to hang onto it. If I thought he read my posts, it would limit what I say, and therefore limit my support. On top of that, he would inevitably get angry by the truths coming out. They're not so easy to ignore when they're out there in cyberspace and people comment on them. I also don't think he is likely to use the alcholics forum. If he gets to a place where he really wants to find this sort of support, he will find this forum just as I have.

Glad you have joined us. There is a lot of information in these threads and I literally learn something new from them every day. Best of luck.