View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
patientlywaitin

Originally Posted by hopes View Post
Just came to the realization recently that my hubby is a HFA. .
I remember telling myself the same thing, even the therapist told him that he didn't drink to get drunk anymore, he drank to be sober... He could still get up and do things but never sober. What started off as a way to take the edge off eventually became his every waking thought. He to could be nice, until you set him off... hoped and prayed he wouldn't black out. That demon is one I pray I never meet again.

I found that telling my RAH anything when he was actively drinking only led to fights, a lot of harsh words, things being twisted and thrown back in my face. I realized that he didn't care, even when the nicer of his demons were out.... I had held out hope that somewhere inside there was a sober part of him, the man I knew was hiding in there, listening and taking down notes for him to go over later but in the end I found out I was fooling myself.

Surround yourself with your loved ones, fill yourself with knowledge. You have to take care of yourself. If your AH is anything like mine and most others, you are pretty far down on the totem pole, make yourself and the baby a priority to you.