View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

Yes probably he believes it.

Originally Posted by Avalon393 View Post
Does he really and truly believe he is cured? Is he really as fearless in this new path as he claims to be? Or are these just statement made to try and convince ME of it? I am having a hard time believing that someone could sit in those meetings day in and day out for 2 years, admitting that they are powerless of their addiction and then one day at the drop of a hat say they are "cured". I am just baffled by it. Truly, I never in my wildest dreams could have predicted this. He was so strong and involved in his program, meetings, and sponsor. If I even bring it up I am quickly shut down with a statement that the past is over. Also-is it normal for his sponsor to just stop contacting and holding him accountable months before he even relapsed? I am just wishing i could throw a big party and invite all of his sober friends and sponsor over to talk some sense into him. I am just having a full blown day of confusion and desperation. missing our old life and the man he used to be. felt stronger yesterday. thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for listening.