Thread: First step
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
EnnuiStasis

Thanks PohsFriend!

Always fun to tell the doc, "Hey, I didn't take your advice and now I need your help." Argh.

I figured you'd *get* this crazy dilemma. I almost suggested he have just a little nip last night. Then I thought--right now this (worry) is MY problem, not his. He was sleeping like a happy baby. Prayed about it, ate the last of my Cheetos and went to bed myself.

Maybe he just didn't want any last night, or needed to be clear-headed for something at work today. Darn those mind-reading skills I don't have!

I need to reassure him that he can maintain his privacy. He's an extremely private person. He's much more concerned about what other people think about him than I am about such things too. I figure if people don't like me "as is" ~ I'm sure they can find a door.

Something that made me laugh (ok, guffaw) out loud yesterday, but also made me wonder if he was going to try to just stop drinking on his own, was that he replaced my birthday Grand Marnier ~ with an announcement, "I will NOT drink this." Sweet gesture, but I'm not sure I want to just leave it sitting around for the next 3 months. At this point I'd much rather him drink it than start having seizures, go into a coma or have a heart attack...or worse.