View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
owathu

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
IMO, he is a real manipulater/control freak...you must do as he says...or else. He knows how to play you like a fine instrument. You two have played the same song, over and over again, so many times, that he has every lyric down pat.

This has been going on for a very long time, I have to believe that even when he was sober he was the Maestro. It is a major part of his personality. He is the leader and you are the follower.

When I read your posts, I always feel like you actually never make a decision when it comes to him. It's like you think you are going to and then never really get to the decision point.

It is very confusing to me.

As always, I want the best for you and your son.
I was just going to say this. His words and actions are very manipulative. Which says to me that he is not getting any sort of help, it says to me he might have just stopped drinking, and thinks that everything should be FINE now. Cos, look! He stopped drinking, just like you wanted! Why you gotta give him such a hard time now? Is most likely his thought process.

In a way I envy your position, because it is at least starting point. But in a way, I am so happy I don't have to go through that at all. You Liz, have to remember that you also are healing, figuring things out, figuring him out, who he is....you may not know who he really is. Maybe this IS him, sober or drunk. It's not an easy journey, and I seriously admire your strength in giving it a shot. Just remember that you are also important. Your needs, emotions, wants count just as much as his. If you are skittish, you have a right to be.