View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rosiepetal

xabf has 1 month sober

Hi SR friends
Just an update to let you know that xabf has now 1 month sober.
He is doing well. At the moment I think he is experiencing some shame for his past drunken mistakes & has some depression.
I continue to offer encouragement.
I am trying to learn as much as I can about recovery & am not putting any pressure on his life & continue to live mine.
Telling my children recently he was back in my life was the hardest. It made me realise the journey I face, the odds against sobriety & relationships & the risk I run of being hurt all over again.
The only reason I told the kids was because I have them 24/7 & wanted to know if they would be comfortable enough for coffee visits only at this stage.
The younger one had no problem & the older one gave me a lecture on the potential to get hurt again & my recovery etc etc but said it was my choice & she would accept coffee visits. (12 going on 30!)
At this stage I am still living one day at a time as it is the only way I can live & I find if I look into the future I get stressed. I can't predict what the future holds but I will live in the present.
I know a lot of you don't approve of my support for this man & I completely understand why but I am very happy he has managed 1 month sobriety.
I know that is nothing & a lifetime change is needed but it is a start.
Thanks for listening.