View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Wow I am really sorry for the verbal abuse you received from your father - its too bad parents don't have to get licensed before having children.

Liz I don't know anyone that has gone through a divorce that didn't feel (at some points) like a failure, even when they want out that failure feeling is still there.

Your posts really touch me - I keep waiting for the day that you have had enough. Its not a judgment that your situation is any worse or better than others I have kept up with - there is something about your husband's manipulation that I find particularly irritating and disrespectful. I don't get him, why in the world would he confide in your child that his breathalyzer had been extended and "don't tell mom"? He seems to walk through this life shrugging his shoulders toward the feelings of others in particular you and your child. I know we tend to attribute poor behavior and character flaws to the addiction - I personally feel aside from the alcoholism people can just be real jerks.

Anyway - I am pulling for you girl......you deserve to be happy and without the baggage and roller coaster ride that you are on with him.