Thread: A little stuck
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AtATotalLoss

Thanks Lex I do have a lot more triggers than I ever thought and they seem to keep getting pummeled lately. I know - I do hurt for people listening to their stories sometimes.
I guess I am kind of... well, stuck on the whole 'God' concept. I don't feel comfortable with the praying and that whole aspect of it. My beliefs there are very private and personal to me. One of the meetings I went to I got several dirty looks and one lady followed me out to the parking lot trying to tell me how to 'Let Jesus in' after I got up to leave quietly before we got to the prayer part of events. Just went against the whole 'take what you need...' ideal. All of that may be another issue altogether.
Just guess I feel like I am ready to do something about this. The last thing I feel like I need is a whole bunch of other people trying to dictate to me what I should be feeling or trying to influence my brain. I need to learn how to trust my own thoughts and feelings.
Am totally willing to run on the premise that I maybe have just not been hitting these meetings on 'good' days... But think I won't go back to the one with the crazy Jesus lady...