Thread: A little stuck
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AtATotalLoss

I do understand what everyone is saying. And I am not throwing in the towel on alanon yet, so no worries. However... one of them I went to the other day had a lot of people, mostly women, there. Several of them were talking about AHs or ABFs. One in particular was relating a story about telling her 9 year old son that his daddy was "a worthless drunk" and it was up to him (the 9 year old) to "take care of his momma now and be the man of the house". It.... made me rather upset (for which, read effing furious). I know, I know. And believe me, I know what a hypocrite I feel like even saying anything, but... I wanted to shake her. Seems that I am in a mad phase right now. Is that normal? Cus I go from emotion to emotion so quick lately that I can't even tell you how I am gonna feel in 15 minutes at this point.
I am also looking into CoDA and ACoA meetings that will work for my schedule. I somehow feel those might be a better fit for me personally.
I have read and am continuing to read the steps. I understand the wisdom there. I understand that they help. But it isn't speaking to me yet. Is like one of those darn 3D picture things. I know it is THERE, but I can't SEE it...