View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
There are two ways to lie, omission and comission, either way it is a lie. I believe that your comment about you and your sister living in La,La Land may have some validity. Have you considered one to one therapy to address this issue and others?

I too would give some serious consideration to how your husbands manipulation is having an adverse effect on your son, he learning that manipulation and lieing is acceptable, your son is being used a pawn between you and your husband. And, you find humor in it, must be me, I don't see any humor in this game.

All that aside, I do wish you the best, hopefully you will get the help that you need.
I don't find humor in it. My comment about laughing was at myself not realizing that 'not telling me something of importance' is considered a lie. Seriously, I would not see that as a lie. That's how I perceive things, I am extremely trusting and have had issues with being naive and believing everything I've been told throughout my life. I honestly had to look up 'lies of omission'. My own skills at handling life have been so hampered by living with insanity all my life so I find some of this new to me as my eyes keep opening up to what I must face. It's not easy, and I don't find it funny. It's more like a funny sad kind of thing where, if I don't laugh at myself, I'd have to be put in a looney bin.