View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 05:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Tommyh
It`s ok to stay sober

I have this little big book program on my computer.Just for curiosity`s sake, I hit the search feature and looked for acceptance in the Big Book.
under accept,accepted or acceptance it turned up 13 times(lucky 13) in the first 164 pages.

So I got to thinking and I wanted the defination of it,just to clear things up in my mind.
Here`s what I found -to take or recieve-agree to-understand or recieve in a particuler sense.
Then I saw the word accept-ableness--the quality of being acceptable or agreement

so then my mind flashed back to the old drinking past when I wasn`t in agreement with almost anything but another drink.

my acceptable-ness has gotten better and seems to have flip flopped somewhat.Instead of resisting life,I find peace by accepting life and living on thru it- whatever comes my way today.
It`s easy for me, having been around a while to forget how unacceptable I was when I was new to the program.

so,if you are new here,your acceptableness will get better and you will find more peace as time goes on.It just don`t come in by the truckload all at once...