Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
The Big Plan of AVRT removes the ability to even consider a decision to drink.
Well, of course 'I' can still consider drinking with my BP well in place. It would be classic AV for 'me' to 'think' about drinking. AVRT is all about technique, it's not itself a form of selective lobotomy which in effect 'removes the ability of consideration of drinking any alcoholic beverage.'

I'm a free agent to think as I please, including my normal AV, and there are no conditions on my now not ever drinking again. To not have the ability of consideration of my past or (possible) future drinking would be a useless and impossible condition, and so my BP would simply call BS on all that conditional crap. The idea or suggestion that the ability is removed is pure Addictive Voice in my playbook.

But that's me.

Addictive Voice Recognition Technique is a simplistic tool, and nothing but a tool. it's not magic, its not wholly science, its all about the person simply deciding to now not ever drink again, and not ever changing their mind. These BP's have been made by persons for centuries before AVRT proper came onto the scene.