View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ReflectingOnMe

Originally Posted by EnnuiStasis View Post
Thanks. I've been concerned for some time that he can't just stop at will--whether it's physical, psychological or both--though he does seem to have a pretty tight grip on it. We don't travel much together, but when we do, we always have to make provision for the night drinks. And this has been going on at least 8 years.

I've noticed some other things that sort of clued me in to a problem existing as well. We can't keep a normal liquor cabinet like I used to because it just all ends up gone--even the ones bought especially for me that he says he really doesn't like. And if severe weather is coming we have to get a "storm stash."

And, of course, if we're low, especially on a Saturday night (no liquor sales on Sunday) he will come up with some reason to go to the grocery store even if I just went the day before and the pantry and fridge are stocked with food.

I really wish I knew what showed up on his last round of bloodwork that made the doc start talking to him about alcohol. Or maybe I don't.
Everything in this post - screams Alcoholic. So sorry; but so very true. My xabf and I were on vacation in kentucky - way up in the hills and we couldn't find alcohol (dry counties)...I was so upset; knowing he would blame me and knowing the rest of the night would be h@$$. Out of no where a little shack appeared with a budweiser sign - I swear to you I kissed the clerk on the cheek because he had 'saved' my night. So sad to look back on that, I should have left him raging on the side of the mtn.