Thread: A little stuck
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AtATotalLoss

A little stuck

Soooo, I have been to four different alanon meetings now and I am not finding a good fit. They are filled with good people, but I'm just not feeling it. And unfortunately I have about exhausted the ones that work with my schedule (one more that I will try this Saturday).
I have a hard time with going and listening to everyone, and my issue with alanon has always been that everyone talks but no 'solutions' are ever presented that make any sense to me. I know - give it up to the HP, but that doesn't truly work for me. Not that I don't believe in HP, but because that doesn't help me in my day-to-day.
I have - on a lot of your suggestions - gotten a lot of books, including Codependent No More. That book has been hard to read but wow, do I ever recognize myself in there!
I guess I'm just wondering where I go if I can't find a meeting that feels right. Definitely SR because in a lot of ways this is kind of a meeting. But I recognize the benefit in having people to talk to about all this. Don't know.
Had a bad day Sunday. Was so mad all day. Reading CNM has made me confront some very deeply repressed feelings and memories and I was just pissed! I am thinking that is normal, and it has passed for the most part, so I think that's OK. Hope so anyways.
The good news: AM has gone to AA meetings every day since last Thursday and has now gotten herself a sponsor. We still aren't talking much, but she does share little bits like that, which I am glad to know.