View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EnnuiStasis

Thanks. I've been concerned for some time that he can't just stop at will--whether it's physical, psychological or both--though he does seem to have a pretty tight grip on it. We don't travel much together, but when we do, we always have to make provision for the night drinks. And this has been going on at least 8 years.

I've noticed some other things that sort of clued me in to a problem existing as well. We can't keep a normal liquor cabinet like I used to because it just all ends up gone--even the ones bought especially for me that he says he really doesn't like. And if severe weather is coming we have to get a "storm stash."

And, of course, if we're low, especially on a Saturday night (no liquor sales on Sunday) he will come up with some reason to go to the grocery store even if I just went the day before and the pantry and fridge are stocked with food.

I really wish I knew what showed up on his last round of bloodwork that made the doc start talking to him about alcohol. Or maybe I don't.