Old 01-29-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
drc5426

In my humblest opinion, I think that keeping tabs on the phone, Internet and his money is unhealthy for you. If he's going to cheat he will. If he's going to spend all his money, whether on drugs or things that arn't necessity he will. Keeping tabs on all this will keep you better informed on his situation but will in the end drive you crazy. I did stuff like this for years, only made me sick.

The first time I separated from my ex, I had depleted my savings account trying to keep up with our lifestyle and pay all the bills while she drank and used drugs. We separated for 3 years and I did very well for myself. We decided to give it another go, and that time it again ended with my savings account depleted, my credit card jacked up $6000 an almost losing my job because of her irresponsible behavior.

She's 5 months clean now, still financially irresponsible. She could have $300 in her pocket and somehow spend it before she leaves the house. Drugs or no drugs she's bad with money.

If you've clearly stated what his financial obligations are in your relationship and he his incapable of paying his way, you may want to reconsider your expectations of him. You're risking more debt