Thread: @$&@%#*
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
amy55

Sadconfused,

Wish I could give you lots of hugs right now (irl), can only give cyber hugs,

I remember the time my ex grabbed me by the neck and threw me to the ground. Then right after he did that, he went to sleep. Didn't give a d@mn about what he did. I called my DV shelter, and went there. They took pics of my bruises. Yep, the ex called and called some more. Apologized so many times starting at 6 in the morning, continuing all day long. So I went back home. Had a doc appt the next day. He took off from work to take me there. I wore a turtleneck that day. He wouldn't come in to the building with me.

The reason why I had a doc appt was because of the ptsd that I was developing from my marriage. I showed my doc the bruises on my neck. Made sure that he noted it in his records.

Left doctors office. More apologies. He took me out to eat, more apologies. Stayed good for about 2 months.

Why am I telling you this? Well after that first time (oh, actually second time, first was 10 years prior), he just got worse and worse.

I thought that he would get better because he actually saw what he did to me. He just became more blaming, and more drunk, and more violent.

Please do not believe his apologies. They will only last till his next drink, maybe not even till then

Just wanted to add this: I stayed another 4 years. He hit me more. I went to the hospital once, should have went about another 2 -3 times.

He had no consequenses from the one I talked about above, he did from the time that I went to the hospital, but that didn't stop him either.

Once they cross that line, it just keeps going, and gets worse. Please do whatever you can to stay safe, and keep your child safe

Last edited by amy55; 01-28-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Wanted to add