Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I had suspicions, for a month or so, that he was drinking. He did not admit it until I caught him hiding a wine glass and then found a box of wine in the trunk of his car.

Taking drugs IS a relapse. Relapses don't have to be long and dramatic. Some people have what is commonly known as a "slip" in early recovery, get right back on board and they work harder than ever, and it is never repeated.

I don't know what will happen with him. I don't know how strong his program of recovery is.

If I were you, though, I'd be ramping up the Al-Anon--whether he returns to sobriety or not, you don't want to be living in fear of a relapse.
Lex - Audrey is in a foreign country without al anon meetings so we are pretty much her group (poor thing ;-) )

Audrey - as Lexie said slips are common. I missed poh's til after.
It is the quiet times when you can talk. Once an argument and defensiveness kicks in you may as well drop it and go cool down - it will just get worse if you argue.

Progress not perfection my friend. Sounds like there was a good quiet talk after? Lol. One good thing about them hiding it is that they keep it controlled - until they can't.