View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
ARTEMIS

Hey Stepping!!! Good to see you!! :ghug3

I booked a flight to Tahiti!!!!!!!!!!
Not really but I promised something exciting and that sounded exciting to me.

In reality it was a great day. I took the dog for a walk at the golf course. It was warmer today but seemed colder to me. You know how you get chilled and can't get warm? I was like that for a few hours after.
Fortunately I went to my Mom's for coffee after my walk and she keeps her house nice and toasty. We had coffee and it was just nice to spend some uninterrupted time with my Mom. She is still recovering from the flu so she was sacked out on the couch.... I guess I as write this that was the difference. Normally when I visit she won't sit still.
Then I checked on my Aunt and did some errands for myself. I feel like I should take out stock at Kmart but I forgot cat food the other day. So while it wasn't Tahiti I did score some really good deals on some marked down expensive lipstick.
AND.....drum roll.....I did my nails when I got home.
Being sober I have time and energy to do these girly things again: to want to take better care of myself.
Then I treated myself to some clam chowder. Perfect dinner on this cold night.

My cat is curled up in my lap as I write this. I was reading a thread earlier about the little things we notice when we are sober. A cat puring in your lap might be little but it brings me immense joy. Makes me feel content and like a good mom.

Have a good night!!!!

Team Ninja.jpg