View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 09:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sammy and Croy

My heart goes out to both of you.

Let me tell you what my parents did for me. It was harsh but it was what this alkie needed.

In January of 1979, after I had spent the holidays with them at their home in Florida they told me in no uncertain terms that I had a problem and they could no longer deal with it. That if I called they would hang up on me and if I came to door it would be closed in my face. Harsh??? yes. Tough Love??? You Bet!!!!!

It took me until June of 1981 to hit my bottom, and it was quite a bottom, living the streets and finally ending up seizuring in the hospital and my heart stopping.

But, it was what this alcoholic needed to do for me. I am happy to say that I have been continuously sober and clean since June 7, 1981.

My parents and I in my sobriety were able to renew our bond and form a better one than we had ever had before.

Yes, it was harsh, but somehow they had figured out without Alanon that they could not help me, that I MUST HELP MYSELF. I thank my HP daily for the incite that was given to them.

Now, I have to admit that at the time they did this, I became very hateful and resentful and it just verified what my sick mind had been telling me that my parents never had cared for me, roflmao, but you see that was King Alcohol telling me that so that I could continue to use and abuse alcohol and drugs.

Take yourselves to alanon, and work the steps for you. Unfortunately as much as you would like to help them, nothing you can do will get them sober, and nothing you can do will get them drunk.

I know it is hard, but alanon will help you and will meet others that are in the same boat you are so you will not be walking this path alone.

I will add you and your families to my daily prays.

Love and (((((hugs))))) to all,