View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tomsteve

in recovery, i have been though 6 surgeries to carve out cancer.the first one was axillary to remove all the lymph nodes under my left arm and wide are excision on my back to remove a bunch of cancer and surrounding tissue. the surgeon explained it was rather serious and i would need pain management. i had a concern about the pain meds and the surgeon assured me they werent gonna just throw me out of the hoslital on more than what was needed to control the pain. she also assured me they would be in contact with me to see how the pain management was going.
i talked to my sponsor( AA) before the surgery and explained my concerns. he said,"welp, you really dont know crap about this surgery and whats gonna be hapening after, so its time to let God and the doctors do what they do best." yup. he ws right.
after the surgery, the surgeon and her staff were in contact with me every day and quite often twice a day. i also stayed in contact with my sponsor nd others and let them know what was goin on in my melon.
heres something that went on in my melon:
3 days after gettin out of the hospital, i wanted to get off the meds, so i did so on my own. big mistake. the pain got excrusiating and was a bugger to get back under control.