View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Lara

Originally Posted by Miller05 View Post
the high functioning ones....like my husband...they are the worst. why? because they are masters at lying.

how in the world can you have a moral compass and snort coke everyday? that is what they said in rehab...and it really made sense!!
You put it perfectly!!!!!!! This is why H (not my husband) pulled me along for so many years.... and caught many other people in his web of lies.... he is also what you would call 'high flying'. He is financially very successful, so always beautiful dressed, the 'high flying' cars, the house, the watch blah blah - he can walk the talk to to speak. So no 'ugly stuff' like stealing etc to buy his DOC.... so all looks 'clean' on the surface.... but oh my G*D when I think of what I know now - how is has treated people, friends, family - far more filthy then stealing... stealing would make him look good! It is shocking! And the frightening thing, with each relapse, he isn't necessarily using more drugs or drinking more - in fact with this last relapse I found it hard to believe he was using anything - but his MENTAl decline - SHOCKING!!!! He is totally out of touch with reality. It is a frighteningly progressive disease...