Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
Sounds pretty simple, cut and dry. So why do you belong to an addiction recovery website if it was so simple?
I am passing it forward. SR doesn't keep me from drinking either. I have more than two years not smoking or drinking, with a wife who drinks and smokes at home in front of me, as I said it was fine. Not as a test, but because I was done. I am never going back to drinking in the mornings to stop the shakes and sometimes twice when I puked the first shots in my coffee and had to keep trying until I kept it down. I am never going through detox or my gawd awful PAWS that lasted six months. I am never going to wonder whether and how much the damage would heal, only to find many more permanent damages each time.

Every moderator and "wheel" here are recovered or recovering from alcohol, drugs or both. What are we doing here? We are hollering back and telling everyone it is safe and there are no dangers, come on ahead!

I was just quit from drinking 30 plus units of alcohol from wake up to passing out at night 7 days a week, working or not, when I joined here. What are you doing here!