Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drunkyjules
Jules

Friend wants me to go out for drinks this weekend!!

Hi SR,

I'm in mixed up place in my head. My good friend wants me to go out with her and the girls this weekend for some drinks. I know realistically I can't go and have a few drinks and not take it too far and get drunk. I also know if I go I don't want to not drink.

The real issue is this is a person I consider to be my best friend but I have never been able to open up and tell her I'm an alcoholic. There are only two people I have been able to say that to, my sister and my boyfriend, I drink at home and most people don't realize its a probblem.

My friend and I used to drink alot in our twenties together, she knows I drink too much. She also knows my siblings are alcoholics. She probably has put two and two together but I have never been able to tell her and I should have long ago.

She's always bashing me because I don't go out with them but I know its all about the drinks and can't trust myself, so I don't go. She is probably waiting for my excuse but I need to just tell her. I know she loves me either way.

I wish I had some more guts but it is so hard to admit I'm an alhoholic. Its just hard to say it out loud. I know my answer. Can someone give me some courage. I just want to cry thinking about it!!