Thread: So excited!!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

So excited!!

I just booked my plane tickets to go see my Godchild and her beautiful 2 1/2 little girl. I am so excited!! We aren't inviting anyone else this time, as we just want to spend time together alone.

We will be making a trip to go see my father who is not doing well. He has had stage 4 cancer for a few years and it has spread. I know it will be heartbreaking and painful to see my Dad so sick but I wouldn't want to go with anyone else but her.

She has grown so much in the last year. She went back to work full time in her field, ended her relationship with her "controlling" BF, became strong, independent and empowered.

We have always had a special relationship and I am so excited to see her, get away, and gain some clarity. We know other family members will be upset about our plans but we decided its our lives and we can do what we want. They are allowed to feel however they want, but it's not our problem!!

At one time, not too long ago, we both would have felt way too guilty making this time alone for each other. The sense of obligation to include other family members would have prevented it as well. Today, I don't feel any guilt about it nor did she.

Sadly, I have a feeling I will be going back very soon and will have time to spend with other family members.

P.S. A friend asked me if I was anxious about leaving my husband alone. My answer was NO! I am powerless over his choices. This is huge progress for me, because the last time I went, a little over a year ago, I was very anxious. When I got home, he did tell me he took a few pills a couple of times and I believed that. Little did I know, he was an addict and probably took a few pills everyday, several times a day.

Today, I say - He can do what he wants and I mean it!! More importantly, I realize I can do whatever I want and I mean it!!