Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
seekinga

Hi kurotokei
Thanks for you post and welcome. This is probably going to be a long reply to match your long post
I am not sure what costochondritis and Tietze's syndrome are so I am unable to comment on those. I have however suffered from depression, anxiety and panic attacks, you really have to just push on through the first few weeks of getting on to your medication - it can take up to a month before you see any improvement in the anxiety from my experience so hang in there! Also if you are not feeling that the medication your doctor has prescribed for the anxiety is working then definitely go back to see them, there are so many options when it comes to depression and anxiety meds that they will find something that works for you. Some medications can make your symptoms worse to start with but then get better, and some meds work for some people but not others. How long have you been on the medication your doctor prescribed?
In terms of the alcohol and weed, you have without a doubt made the right decision to stay off completely. Weed always caused me panic attacks when I smoked it when I was younger. And the alcohol although it probably gives a little immediate relief would cause worse panic and anxiety the next day when it has gone from your system.
For the mood swings you could try meditation and exercise (although I know that is probably the last thing you feel like doing).
Feeling like a zombie (or not really feeling anything at all) is a side effect I had on some anti-depressants/anxiety meds and for that reason I ended up going back to the doctor to try something else.
I hope some of that is useful, Take care