Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kurotokei

Looking for some insight into my somewhat unique withdrawal situation

Hi all, this is going to probably be a long post but thank you to those who read it. Some back story: came to college next having tried anything, freshmen year started drinking, sophomore year started smoking weed, junior year I started abusing both alcohol and weed. It got to a really bad point this year, and last semester I was drinking 1-4 beers almost every night and smoking a large amount of weed daily. Ended up causing me to fail two classes. Then, over the winter break I was shoveling snow and according to my doctor and chiropractor, I have costochondritis and Tietze's syndrome. Because of this, I had panic attacks where I thought I was dying and couldn't breathe. Once I was injured, I immediately stopped smoking and drinking, which was January second. When I saw my doctor, he put me on lexapro for mood and anxiety and trazodone for anxiety and sleep help. However, the quitting both at the same time was making me feel terrible, so I thought I would try vaporizing some weed to help my recovery. Turns out it gave me a panic attack again. I also tried having a beer casually with friends and again did not feel good. At that point I realized that I am suffering from both cannabis and alcohol withdrawal, and now have vowed to remain clean from now on. My issue is I can't handle the mood swings, the zombie life feelings, the anxiety, even with the medication, and the physical pain from my injury. I have been taking some ibuprofen or naproxin but I am wary about my stomach possibly getting more agitated than it already is, and the scare of stomach ulcers. Having no appetite and being in constant discomfort is really getting to me.