Thread: Help?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopefullblue

Unhappy Help?

Hi everyone,
Posting here for the very first time and I joined this website for some advice and help. My boyfriend is a recovering opiate addict.. He would snort oxycodone, smoke fentanyl and did lots of benzos. He is currently clean but only after i found him wearing a fentanyl patch and had been accusing him for weeks of being on something. I love him so much and can't imagine my life without him but I'm so scared that something is going to happen and he's going to go behind my back and do stuff again. I feel as though I'm nagging him all the time to get his **** together and do the right thing and get his life back on track and now he barely even acts the same way. Is it wrong of me to nag him when all I'm trying to do is help? He says he loves me but its sounding almost forced (though he's never said anything even close to being sick of me or irritated..he says he appreciates it and knows why I'm doing it but just acts more and more distant from me) I'm worried I'm not doing the right thing to help him and need some advice on what to do to help him. I really care about him and see our future progressing into a marriage hopefully, but need to know the correct ways to help him. Any response helps. Thanks!