Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mark75

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
But there is no better way to change mood than to take myself on a date. Remind me why I am worth it. Maybe treat myself to a gift. Nothing big. Maybe make myself a good meal. Nothing fancy.

Just tell myself that I am worth it.

I drank last night so I am no expert on avoiding the drink. But I have long spent efforts learning to change my mood. It's only me who can do it!
Sorry to hear that, I know getting sober is something you really want to do... And you ARE worth it... it should go without saying, but sometimes it needs to be...

But it's not in the saying it, so much... but in living it...

Nothing works quite so well as working with another... helping another, maybe another alcoholic, or a loved one... We have to get out of our own heads... I have tried taking myself on dates, treating myself, a nice meal... but that pales in comparison to having meaningful fellowship with another human being.

Change how we feel? Forget how we feel... help someone else feel better... get out of self!! Feel like drinking? Call someone... if you are AA, call a new guy, or your sponsor...

How do I know this??... because I am not perfect either and still tend to isolate, buy things from ebay, eat too much, all that... and it never works as well...