View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Ananda

Just FYI....

Living in the bounce was something that came out of my buddist practice combined with my personal struggles....

How lucky we are to be born human and experience the world through the human existance (as scewed as our perspectives are). I use to say thank you every day for being born in a human body and expereince these things we experience regardless of thier reality in the big picture...it's an experience.

I'm a lousy buddist by most persepctives...my teacher died a few years ago...and I think he got it in a way that I got it that doesn't seem to be what most who pursue the path do. I eat meat, I smoke (unfortunately I have drank, though not today)...I break alot of preceps...but Leon always laughed..its the human condition...It's not about doing whatever you want to feel good...but it isn't about beating yourself up cause you are human either.

It's about seeing things as they are...not optomistic or pessimistic...it is what is is (although I've heard that phrase used in ways that aren't approprieate). It's about accepting people as they are (including yourself). It's about letting go of results and focusing on the next indicated thing.

There are lots of alchoholic buddhists, abusive buddhists... but there is something in the teachings that keeps me in a state of moving on (and sobriety). I will start sitting again tonight.

The bounce is about human life...I use to think of it as sitting by a river of emotion and not jumping in..just watching...

OK...too much intellectual stuff again...but no bottle by my side and a plan in place...we will see how it works....

Nands