View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LadySage

On Wednesday I told my AH I was leaving after a "relapse". I put relapse in quotations because I haven't seen active recovery as far as I can tell, rather a few days of abstinence, a few meetings and then back to the bottle. I went to my moms and made arrangements for seperation.

On Saturday, my AH also told me that he wanted to get sober with me in the house and that he needed my support. He tried to make me feel guilty that I was leaving him in his darkest hour and how he was looking forward to a new life in sobriety and couples counseling.

Later on Saturday I came home to share my boundaries with AH and see what his plan was going to be for recovery.

He was drunk when I got there.

I stayed around for just a bit because I didn't know what to do. A few hours later he took the dog for a walk and bought beer on the way.

I think actions are more important that words. One of my boundaries is that I will not live with an active alcoholic. Until I can see sobriety, I will not be under the same roof.

I stated my boundary and left. It felt really really good to uphold a boundary and protect myself. I slept better last night than I have in weeks.

Highly recommend the boundary keeping! It'll feel good