View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
dasiydoc

Originally Posted by jerect View Post
My EXAH had this "sensible notion to use up all of his pills before he started his suboxone maintenance plan and this is after he had the script for suboxone filled... Needless to say he just switched from one drug to another and got just as strung out on that as he was on opiates.. I guess my point is... Don't get your hopes up.. If he wanted to quit today he would quit today and be sitting in an NA or AA meeting instead of snorting up the rest of his stash... It's kind of like saying I'm starting my diet on Monday and then Monday rolls around and for the first few hours you do really well but then lunch rolls around and there sits a nice plate of cookies and before you know it you've blown your diet and say to yourself well I will start next Monday....
Yes !! I can relate to that. And part of my boyfriends plan was to start on some low grade anti-anxiety meds a couple weeks ago. That is also a long story, but he is mixing it with coke, and now that he has started this binging, its insane. Thats what I mean, by the addict part of his brain has no logic, and it is so much stronger than the normal part of him, or he would not be doing this.