View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by dasiydoc View Post
<<Rose and Lily>> Thanks for sharing your experiences. His only drug is cocaine so I dont think the physical symptoms will be anything like opiates, but he gets very bad anxiety or so he says. He has tried to stop before without telling me I guess, but this is the first time he informed me, and the first time I think he has done so much planning on his part.

Sort of scary realization about how his brain is affected by addiction and he is not seeing things clearly on THIS subject. At some point last night he decided it was only sensible to begin using up his stash of coke. I mean of course it would be wrong to throw it out; much better to put it into your body and burn it up that way. Im not getting my hopes up because I know he has tried before to stop, without telling me, and failed. But my heart does go out to him because I think at least some part of him does want to quit and he is trying to build on that.
My EXAH had this "sensible notion to use up all of his pills before he started his suboxone maintenance plan and this is after he had the script for suboxone filled... Needless to say he just switched from one drug to another and got just as strung out on that as he was on opiates.. I guess my point is... Don't get your hopes up.. If he wanted to quit today he would quit today and be sitting in an NA or AA meeting instead of snorting up the rest of his stash... It's kind of like saying I'm starting my diet on Monday and then Monday rolls around and for the first few hours you do really well but then lunch rolls around and there sits a nice plate of cookies and before you know it you've blown your diet and say to yourself well I will start next Monday....