View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sandyr

OK, I just got back home and the kids are in bed as I sit down to write this.

I pulled into the parking lot of the church where I was told to go. I couldn't believe my eyes at all the cars! I could hardly find a parking space. My first thought was that this town must be full of alcoholics! There were people loitering everywhere. I headed up to the church and saw people all over the place...babies...grandmas...kids...all sorts of people. They looked like they were having a big party.

I turned around and headed back to my car. But in my despiration, I stopped a woman in the parking lot and asked her what was going on here tonight. She hesitated and then said, "Well it looks like they are having some kind of church function...and there's a NA meeting in that building and a AA meeting over there in that building. That's where I'm going. Do you want to come with me?"

I nodded my head and whispered that I was really looking for Alanon. She said, "Follow me. We'll find it." We didn't find the meeting, but she and another alcoholic woman and I had our own meeting. Boy, I feel 50 lbs lighter!

Angels of god! I'm going back next Tuesday and try again.

Thanks for your kind words,
Sandy