Old 01-19-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Oh my dear friend Jody....you are looking at the poster child not the Dalia Lama of the codie world.

Recovery Codie Class 101 is to seek advice from healthy people! lol

But what I have learned so far is that two whole and healthy people make a whole and healthy relationship. It is an added bonus to an already healthy, fulfilling life. He doesn't sound completely whole and emotionally available at this time. I would question why I "fell" so hard and fast for this kind of man. Is it a pattern to seek out emotionally unavailable men? Are we trying to work out something from a childhood experience?

Stay busy and focused on you. Keep your social life full and lets the chips fall where they will but I would let go of my hopeful fantasy of what could be....because it is not the reality of what is. Codies love to live in hopeful fantasies. It keeps us sucked in and in denial. We seek out people and relationships with "potential" not the reality.

I know this is not what you want to hear but its only my opinion - so consider the source.

If it works out, then great! If not, find the lesson and it will all be worth it.
his is so true! "when he's sober, when he's in recovery, when he becomes the man I think he should be..." I make myself sick