View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HappyDestiny3
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow Touchstones 1/18/2013

Friday, January 18, 2013 You are reading from the book Touchstones
Communication leads to community - that is, to understanding, intimacy, and mutual valuing.
—Rollo May

We have all thought, "If I tell the innermost things about myself, I will be rejected or put down." Most real communication actually creates the opposite of what we fear. In this program, when we lowered our barriers and let our brothers and sisters know us better, they liked us more and our bonds became stronger. Are we concerned today about an intimate relationship? The way to deepen intimacy is to let ourselves be known. When talking about feelings, we need to emphasize those that make us feel most vulnerable.

The other side of communication is listening. In listening, our task is to hear without judgment and without trying to provide an answer or a cure for every pain. To express ourselves to others, to be fully understood, and to know we are understood will lift our hope and self esteem.

Today, I can make contact with people in my life by revealing my feelings to them and listening to what they are saying.