View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
supportforme

Chloe - I'm so sorry you're going through this. I lived with my exAH's addiction to oxycodone for many years. So, I know exactly how you feel. I also have 2 children. Last May, I realized that all my efforts to save my marriage and not hurt my kids with a divorce resulted in me actually endangering the safety and well being of my children. The only advice I can give you is to get yourself help so that you can be strong for your children and your own sanity. I thought I was protecting us financially by controlling all the money - I was wrong on that one too. The tentacles of this disease grow strong and fast. I guess you can say I stopped the bleeding. Now, I'm in the process of assessing the damage and putting together a plan to ensure that me and my boys are financially stable. Because I kept bailing us out when his addiction caused consequences, I enabled him to continue and caused more debt. He has now lost his wife, barely sees his kids, lost his job, is facing criminal charges and is about to be thrown out of his mother's home. He still continues to use. I pray every day that he finds his recovery; however, I focus only on keeping myself and my children safe and healthy, that's all I can control. You and your family are in my prayers.