Old 01-16-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GeekyChick

I'm going to have to go with what Tamerua said - basically, the first year of dating people are "stupid in love". Not a bad thing, not derogatory stupid, just...well, stupid for each other.
Everyone deserves that feeling of being head over heels. If he isn't making you feel that way now, I wouldn't think it's going to show improvement. I kind of feel that if you have to work things out that early in a relationship, it doesn't have a lot of hope for getting a lot better.

As to why he would move in with you, we could only speculate. I have found that a lot of my relationships have gone well until the move in point, then the little things they do that are deal breakers tend to appear. Not necessarily bad things, but pet peeves I can't cope with.
Here's an example from me. I had a boyfriend, really nice guy! He moved in with me after awhile of dating (a few months I think, it's been awhile) but things turned sour pretty quick after that. I didn't like that he had to be prompted to do anything, if I didn't put the dishes in the dishwasher before work, they'd be waiting for me when I got home, every day - just minor things, but they degraded the relationship quick.
That's not to say that you or he have done anything "wrong", just the test of a relationship begins with living with each other, and some people just aren't compatible that way.

I'm sorry to hear that your needs aren't being met, that is the most important aspect that I am slowly learning. It's something my next door neighbor preaches regularly to me "There is a level of dignity and respect that I want and deserve, and if you can't give it to me, then I will find someone who will." That is her mantra from the word "go".