View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lara

Originally Posted by Angel1234 View Post
...A few nights before he was supposed to be at my home but of course didn’t come over and when I questioned him about it and got upset because we needed to plan for our trip, he lashed out (rage – typical), turned it around on me for being upset (projection – typical) and gave me the silent treatment (typical – I’m high).

He knew I was sticking my neck out for him and hoping we could just have a “normal” family life. He and my sister were great friends in the past but she wanted nothing to do with him after the last few years.

It was crazy. I went to his house the next morning and literally he got up and yelled at me to get out of his house. This was Xmas Eve!! What the hell! Three days prior to that we were having a great time on vacation and now this?

Mind you, this entire time off and on for a few weeks, he kept telling me that his gift to me was an iPad which he never by the way gave me

He begged and pleaded for me to talk to him. I mean BEGGED, the I love you and I want to explain everything, why I’m afraid, etc. ...... So, I call around 10pm. Of course no answer. ..... I get a response later in the day going into GREAT DETAIL about how sick he was, that he was coming down with something horrible

.....the response was of course “you’re my problem, you’re my only problem in life, get out!” and stormed out of his bedroom.

There was no doubt in my mind at that point that this person is A. mentally ill and B. had to be on drugs again.

This is horrible. I feel so embarrassed. How does a human being behave like this? How? How does someone look you in the eyes and lie and then the next second turn on you and make you feel like you are nothing, blame everything on you, rage at you, and treat you so viciously?
Dear Angel

I can't believe I am actually smiling at some of what you wrote. I am actually laughing - and it is more out of nerves. No disrespect to you at all - and I am not belittling for one moment what you are writing about. I think I am laughing at myself. What a fool I have been. If it wasn't all so tragic it would actually be halarious. I swear H has done, said the IDENTICLE things!!!! They must all come from the planet. The planet of "LUNATICS, SELFISH BASTARDS UNITED"!!!!!!
If you read my posts you will see that I experienced exactly what you are going through. Xmas time too - he just never pitched at MY family's Xmas eve dinner. They too were extremely anxious about it all... he put on the brilliant show the week leading to Xmas. Perfectly behaved. Charming. Gorgeous. Promises of gifts - and always extravagant. About a week later (when he was trying to win me back) he asked if I liked my gift. He never arrived. No phone call. Nothing. When I spoke to him a few days later (like the fool I am), I told him I was hurt he never gave me anything - he didn't blink, he said 'Oh, I sent my driver to your house with your gift'. The lie rolled off his tongue like sugared honey.Over the days he Never answered my calls, just never responded. And up and till Xmas eve I had seen him every single day. We had positive time together. Clean fun. And then overnight the wheels came off. I was so hurt -and of course did the stupid, weak thing of phoning and phoning - but he never picked up. I honestly believed something had happened. So I too went round to his house (a few days after) and there he was, lazing in the sun, next to the pool - with not a care in the world. He didn't really apologise. Just mumbled something about being under 'huge pressure' (aren't they all) - and how he had been unwell. I find out a few days later that he had gone out of town for Xmas, had a huge party with a whole bunch of people I don't know.
Then of course the tears, the promises of undying love - this is of course days later....
I just can't take it anymore. It has taken me years and years to finally start to detach and go no -contact. Just take it one day at a time.... read as much as you can here.... SR will really help - I promise!! But it is up to you. Only YOU know when you are truly ready to get off the crazy wheel that spins us into hell. Believe me, as you will see when you read my threads, I have taken 30 steps forward and 50 back. So be patient with yourself. It doesn't happen over night.