View Single Post
Old 11-05-2002, 05:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
piggle
Paused

Glow - When my A quit drinking, there was a huge readjustment period. He didn't want anything to do with me physically for over 6 mos. He didn't have much energy for anything for 6 mos or more, either. He slept 18+ hrs a day. It was almost like when he was drinking except when he was drinking he would sometimes say the sweetest things to me and that all ended, too. I mean, he loved me still but he is not very expressive sober. It was almost like courting all over again. We had to get to know each other on sober terms. It was a very scary time because I didn't know if he would ever be "normal" and I had never known him sober. It took about a year before he began to act like what I expected a "normal" person to act like. He still isn't as expressive as I would like but the physical part of the relationship came back slowly. 3 yrs + now and I think I finally have the man I saw through all that liquor yrs ago. I went through some of MY hardest times after he quit, though. I had to find ME again since all of ME had been so wrapped up in him.

I will say that while it was very hard for both of us, we are now a much happier and healthier couple There is a light at the end of the tunnel if you are willing to walk in the dark for awhile.