View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

RedAtlanta, no he has 1 DUI but it was a super extreme DUI here in Arizona. The reason that CA came up is because it is where he works and rents cars. He also travels to NM to rent cars, as well. Currently, he is driving a rental from AZ to NM to visit the military bases near Las Cruces.

Anyway, I don't have an insurance policy as my AH doesn't believe in them and never approved of me purchasing coverage. He has a policy through work that is minimal cost to us(like $2.50 a paycheck) that would cover him up to 3 times his salary.

I recently purchased my car and did not put AH on the registration. Unfortunately, I am listed on his car because I was allowed to get it out of the impound after his DUI last spring. I have been considering removing myself from his car. According to our insurance company, I am still considered a legal 'of age' driver in the home and would be covered if I drive his car and the same would apply if he drove my car. I'm just not sure where liability starts and ends in certain cases.

I asked my sponsor about lawyer referrals and she has one that she used when her divorce was getting sticky and is emailing me the contact today.